Our Austin mini-vacation

10.19.2014


It's been very busy here in our part of the world. I should already be in bed. I've been getting up to go to the gym at 5 in the morning & this past week has been hell. We had some new neighbors move in this month and so much drama has happened at 2 in the morning that has kept me awake. Yesterday, a friend of theirs went completely psycho outside my bedroom window screaming and punching trees. Anyway, his antics kept me and my upstairs neighbor awake (I heard her walk back and forth to the window) for a good part of the morning. Two nights prior, one of their windows got busted somehow and it was hard to sleep after that. This would probably be my first night of really good sleep but I'd rather stay up writing to you guys.

I am now 29 years old. My birthday was a few days ago. I can't believe I'll be 30 next year. For my birthday we took a last minute trip to Austin. My boys are my favorite travelers. They are always up for a road trip. I happened to bring my good camera with me to take videos but I honestly got lost in our vacation that I barely got any footage. However, I did piece together what I did get below. It might as well be about my son's trip to Austin :) Next time though, the camera will be out all of the time & I'll figure out how to focus better. 

We went to the state capitol, Mount Bonnell & did some camping at Windy Point Park, which is on Lake Travis. Despite the cloudy skies and constant drizzle, we had a really good time. 




There are a few more pictures on my Instagram if you want to take a look there. 

Also, the Texas Style Council Camp is ON for this year. Completely different format than years prior. If you're a blogger or small business, check it out. Registration opens Nov 1. Adult camp for blogging chicks y'all. I mean, does it really get any better than that? Honestly? This might be your only opportunity to do this as a grown up. Founder, Indiana Adams, wrote up a quick post about it if you're interested in learning more. Feel free to like their Facebook page <--- No they are not paying me to say this. I'm just really excited about going again and giving it another go :)

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs